Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Spring 2010 Quilt Market - Schoolhouse Part Four - final installment ;)

I think I will move to video blogging in the future, I am a fast talker but a slow typist.  OK, next up, the much anticiapted Patty Young!
The room was packed!  Everyone wanted to hear about Patty's new line of knits for Michael Miller fabrics.  Patty is wearing her lime floral knit here and a woven skirt with a yoga style waistband made from knit - genius and flattering!  Of course, we asked her for a pattern for the set and she said she is working on it.  Patty passed around the softest quilt made from the knits, it almost felt like a flannel.  She then presented a video demonstration of five ways to finish knits, two of the options were using a regular sewing machine.  She promised to post the video on her blog soon.  I did order several of the knits and they will be in stock in July.

I saw Robyn Pandolph next.  Her lines with RJR have been too muted for me and this was another one that just left me feeling "meh".  It's called "Rue St. Germain." 

I hopped over to another packed room and really enjoyed the presentation by Lizzy House.  She was a true delight!   She spoke to the packed house about appealing to the younger crowd and her main message was that Quilt Shop owners would simply "Be nice to us.".  She also introduced her new line for Andover, "Castle Peeps", which is a graphic modern castle print.  It sews up beautifully and its another line that I ordered! 

I had a few more seminars, mostly about inventory and buying and then at 8pm, the doors opened for Sample Spree!  Sample Spree is a place for vendors to sell sample items at cost to retailers.  I did see a few things that caught my eye....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments