Monday, May 31, 2010

Spring 2010 Quilt Market - Schoolhouse Part Three

Next up on my list of meet and greets was one I had hoped I would be able to attend - Amy Butler!  Amy shared information about her forthcoming book, "Style Stitches".  This new book will have 12 easy ways to make 26 different bags.
Amy is just what you would expect in a designer - she was sweet, funny and a little nervous.  I was so enthralled by what she was saying, this was the only photo I managed to take!  She let us take a peek into her studio and discussed her new fabric line, Soul Blossoms, coming in September.  She is also introducing a new line of coordinating threads and yarns by Rowan.

After Amy, I scurried over to the Westminster Room to hear Erin McMorris speak about her inspiration for her upcoming line for Free Spirit, "Weekends".
This soft, sweet line was inspired by a single design and Erin worked from there.  Colors in this line include a soft palette of brown, grey, green and a melon-y pink.  This line has something new to Erin, four new laminate prints.  These laminates are perfect for seat cushions, kids rooms, playroom pillows, totes, bags and rain gear.
Erin was shy and admitted that she was apprehensive about speaking in front of a crowd, but I found her witty and simply delightful!  I thought it was very funny when she mentioned that she enjoyed the laminates because she is a lazy seamstress and you don't have to pin the fabric when sewing.  That's my kind of girl!

I was able to stay right in my seat for the next presentation.  Valori Wells introduced her newest line, also for Free Spirit, "Nest"

This beautiful line has cottons, voile and corduroy prints.  The colors were soft but the two color ways could easily work for Fall or Spring.   The dahlias and birds are classic Valori with a modern twist.  The two stuffed animals below were made from the corduroy.  Very sweet!
I did order some of this line, watch for updates here on the blog and in the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments