Friday, May 11, 2012

Too Much Estrogen....

Today something terrible happened.  I have 5 girls and 1 boy (lovingly referred to as Things 1-6).  Thing 3 is an 11 year old girl.  She has been a hard child from the time she was born.  Puberty has not been kind to her.  She is moody, emotional, and slams lots of doors.  Today she  got her "monthly visitor" for the first time.  This in and of itself would not be too bad.  Unfortunately Thing 1 and Thing 2 have the same "monthly visitor" going on.  Tonight we have had doors slammed. We have had sobbing.  We have had yelling.  We have had multiple conversations that have included "you just don't love me".  All of these things would be ok if it was just one person.  It is not.  It is "Estrogen Overload" times 3.
Here is one of the texts that I got from Thing 3. (I will not let her cut up pictures from her scrap book. Instead, I offered to get color copies made before school.)
At the same time Thing 3 was sending me this, Thing 1 was telling us that we let Thing 2 and 3 get away with everything and that she is the only one that ever gets punished.  Good times at our house.  I did some calculating. We will have no fewer than 3 girls having their "monthly visitor" (probably at the same time) for the next 9 years.  On that happy note, I hope you all have a marvelous weekend.  I have several good projects going and can't wait to share pictures next week!

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments