Thursday, September 9, 2010

Busy, Busy and Back to School

Hello Everyone!  It has been a little chaotic wrapping up summer and getting the kids ready for school here.  My son is challenged with Asperger's and ADD and I am doing my very best to not show my anxiety for the start of his Middle School Career. He is certainly not a "fan" of formal education.  He would prefer attending a school based on a Lego curriculum taught by Jedi's or Transforming Robots.  Today also marked the start of my daughters Kindergarten class.  She was a little nervous, but came home and told me that it was "fun".  I am positive she will enjoy being around kids her own age.  I imagine it will be more fun than hanging out with me, picking orders and packaging fabric all day.

With the start of school and perhaps a moment to gather my thoughts in peace, I would love to hear what everyone is working on (or planning).  I have requests for little zipper bags from Japanese print cottons and comfy knit dress and legging sets.  What are you working on or planning?

Need some inspiration?  Take a look at this amazingly adorable Hedgehog applique tutorial and pattern on the Izzy & Ivy Blog.
What a sweet little way to use up small fabric pieces.  I think this would look spectacular in a fall colorway - oranges, reds and browns.  Make a matching twirl skirt or ruffle pants - so cute!  Plus, you can enter to win the Abbie Applique pattern book or share your Hedgehog project to win a copy of the Abbie pattern.  Please see their blog for full details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments